PHE Obesity Intelligence provides wide-ranging, authoritative information on data, evaluation and evidence related to weight issues and it’s determinants. PHE also provide a weekly email update on the latest research in this area – to subscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to their mailing list. We have highlighted a selection of recent key papers which align with YORA’s research themes below:
- Changing the narrative around obesity in the UK: a survey of people with obesity and healthcare professionals from the ACTION-IO study. Hughes CA, Ahern AL, Kasetty H, McGowan BM, Parretti HM, Vincent A, Halford JCG. BMJ Open. 2021 Jun 30;11(6):e045616. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-045616.
- Physical Activity and Social Network Use of Adolescents in Overweight and Obesity Treatment. Wulff H, Duan Y, Wagner P. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Jun 28;18(13):6938. doi: 10.3390/ijerph18136938.
- Early Nutritional Education in the Prevention of Childhood Obesity. Gato-Moreno M, Martos-Lirio MF, Leiva-Gea I, Bernal-López MR, Vegas-Toro F, Fernández-Tenreiro MC, López-Siguero JP. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Jun 18;18(12):6569. doi: 10.3390/ijerph18126569.
- A Healthy Lifestyle Intervention for Hispanic Families: Moderating Effects of Education, Income, Nativity. Fernandez A, Lozano A, Lee TK, Messiah SE, Prado G. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2021 Jun 24:S1499-4046(21)00611-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jneb.2021.05.001.
- Is the physical activity environment surrounding primary schools associated with students’ weight status, physical activity or active transport, in regional areas of Victoria, Australia? A cross-sectional study. Jacobs J, Crooks N, Allender S, Strugnell C, Backholer K, Nichols M. BMJ Open. 2021 Jul 2;11(7):e045785. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-045785.
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Lockdown on Weight Loss and Body Composition in Subjects with Overweight and Obesity Participating in a Nationwide Weight-Loss Program: Impact of a Remote Consultation Follow-Up-The CO-RNPC Study. Bailly S, Fabre O, Legrand R, Pantagis L, Mendelson M, Terrail R, Tamisier R, Astrup A, Clément K, Pépin JL. Nutrients. 2021 Jun 23;13(7):2152. doi: 10.3390/nu13072152.
Back issues of the weekly Obesity Knowledge Update are available online here.
YORA member publications
In addition, see below details of publications discussed at the recent YORA May event:
Delivering a childhood obesity prevention intervention using Islamic religious settings in the UK: What is most important to the stakeholders? Sufyan Abid Dogra, Kiran Rai, Sally Barber, Rosemary RC. McEachan, Peymane Adab, Laura Sheard, on behalf of “Childhood Obesity Prevention in Islamic Religious Settings Programme Management Group.” doi: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2021.101387
Negative impact of the first COVID-19 lockdown upon health-related behaviours and psychological wellbeing in people living with severe and complex obesity in the UK. Adrian Brown, Stuart W. Flint, Anastasia Z. Kalea, Mary O’Kane, Simon Williams, Rachel L. Batterham. doi: 10.1016/j.eclinm.2021.100796